Your final grade is the weighted average of your final exam (40%), export plan team project (40%), and participation (20%). The team project contains three deliverables: a written export plan (20%), an in-class presentation (15%), and a peer review report (5%). You can access your partial and final grades through the course management system for this course. Click on the "Log In" link above to gain access. Please check your grades there because these grades will be reported directly to the Registrar's Office at the end of the course.
It is important to attend all sessions since many discussions in the class are not included in the assigned readings or the materials posted on the course website. Please keep your class notes up-to-date. Exams will cover everything discussed in class. Participation is strongly encouraged and is part of the evaluation process.
Please be considerate. Please do not engage in side conversations, send text messages, or engage in other social media interactions during class. In discussions with the instructor and other students, be courteous and respectful of diverging opinions. Avoid monopolizing class discussions and allow other students to speak up.
- To provide the basic concepts and analytics of international business management.
- To provide a systematic framework for thinking about international business strategies within a context of economics, law and institutions.
- To enable students to become decision makers in an export-oriented business or MNE.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- identify the types of risks inherent in international business and apply mitigating strategies;
- identify the factors underlying the location choice of an international business with respect to comparative and competitive advantage;
- design tools to adapt to foreign markets and deal with exchange rate risk;
- understand the role of institutions and international law in international business operations;
- develop an export plan.
- Critical Thinking
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Oral and Written Communication
Office Hours and Contact Information
I hold office hours usually on Friday between 10:00 and 11:20, or by appointment. My office is located in ANGU 275 (south side hallway on the second floor of the office tower).